Having braces can sometimes be a bit of a hassle. Since you’re in it for the long haul, though, you might as well add your own unique touch with a little colour!
How can I change the colour of my braces?
Braces are made up of a variety of different parts that all work in tandem to straighten your teeth. One of the most important parts of your braces treatment is the elastics.
These tiny bands are also called ligatures, and are placed around each bracket to hold the archwire in the bracket slot.
Because they eventually lose their elasticity, your orthodontist will change your dental ligature elastics at each adjustment appointment. And since they come in a wide variety of colours, they give you the opportunity to change up the look of your braces each time you visit us!
How to Choose The Right Colour
If you’re not sure what colours to choose, here are a few tips and ideas to help you decide!
- pick your favorite colour
- pick the colours of your favourite sports team
- avoid brown, black and some shades of green; these could make it look like you have food stuck in your teeth
- avoid white; it may cause your teeth to look yellow and discoloured
- pick your school colours
- choose a colour that suits your complexion
- choose colours that compliment your eye colour
- use The Happy Tooth Colour Selector to test out your new look before committing!